Sunday, April 10, 2016

Proposal for my creative project

You will need to submit a proposal (one per group) that says exactly what you plan to do, how you will do it, why, and what you hope to learn from it. Also discuss the estimated amount of time you think it will take and how you will break down the time into a project noting the days and times you will complete each part of the project. If you are working in a group, please specify exactly who will do what and when.

     For my own project, I'm going to play as a biographer to do research on the characters more deeply and explore the relationships from one to another. I will mainly focus on and discuss the characters like Ashmol, Kellyanne, Ashmol's parents and Pobby and Dingan. These five are the most important characters in both the book and the movie, and the story is developed around them. Also, there are other characters which are not so important but still help promote the plot of the story and thus I would also like to study them. In general, I will put more attention on Ashmol, the main character, and Kellyanne and her two imaginary friends. For me, I think the most mysterious characters are Pobby and Dingan. They don't even talk in the whole book because they are invisible. Their appearances are also described by Kellyanne but not be seen by others. As a result, Pobby and Dingan remain unclear to me. From my perspective, Pobby and Dingan represent different kinds of people. As Kellyanne says, Pobby is shy and quiet, and Dingan is beautiful and is a pacifist. Both of them are really friendly. But why does kellyanne think she has these two kinds of friends but not like others? Are these two different personalities represent some kind of Kellyanne's characteristics?
      Also, the main character, Ashmol, is also worth being studied. In the beginning of the book, it seems like he is a boy with no sympathy with his sister and doesn't believe in anything. Just like his dad, he concentrates on the opals and his boring life in the desert. But how does he change when Kellyanne is sick? Why does he agree to help to look for Pobby and Dingan over and over again? And why does he finally convince himself that Pobby and Dingan are in reality? And why does his dad acts like he truly believes that Pobby and Dingan are real and even takes care of them in the beginning of the book? How does dad know mom? Why mom doesn't choose her ex-boyfriend to marry?
     For my project, I think I will spend 8 hours in total to complete. The first 4 hours I will look back at the book, exploring the important quotes form it and thinking about how they relate to the plot. After that, I will collect and manage the information I get from the book to make an outline about what I am going to write in my biography. The rest of the time I will begin working on my essay talking about the characters I mentioned above. By objectly expressing the information I get from the book, I think I am able to learn more about this book and think more about these characters and the main idea of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment